Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Thirsty Guests


About 2 weeks ago we noticed a strange smell when we turned the water on. We prepared ourselves for the worst and thought we would be cleaning out a clog in our septic system. We soon discovered that was not the problem. We were never so relieved and the problem that we were about to discover was nothing! Brad climbed up to our water tank to find hundred's if not over 1,000 bees inside our tank! With the help of Kingu, he and Brad managed to kill them all with a little smoke and several cans of insect killer. What a sight to see Kingu with Brad's motorcylce helmet on his head, running around the yard with a can of "Doom" in each hand chasing the bees! Here is a picture of Kingu scooping out the left over bees out of the tank. This is our new life in Tanzania!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Now that sounds like lots of fun! Watching the guys run around the yard I mean! I wouldn't have wanted to be the ones chasing the bees. Thanks for the pictures and the updates. We've been praying for the new work that has been started. Keep going strong my dear friends. Everything for God - all the time!

One Crazy Girl said...

So PB has a motorcycle? :-) I miss you guys. I didn't know bees had a smell. But I guess when you have over 1,000 its bound to start smelling like something. Have I mentioned that I miss you?