Friday, February 5, 2010

A dream come true!



The longer we live in a third world country, the more we become grateful for the things God has given us and for the great country we live in! One day, as Mama Sadikieli was helping me with some housework. She noticed some old magazines sitting by the couch. She was very curious about all the things that she saw for the very first time. Each time she came to the house she always asked to look at some pictures. When the time came to replace the magazines with some newer editions, I thought of Mama Sadikieli. I asked her if she wanted to take them home with her. Her eyes lit up immediately as she said, "It was always a dream of mine to be able to hang up magazine pages on my wall. But I could never afford it. Now I can!" Here in Katesh, most houses our made of mud bricks with no plaster or dry wall to cover them. So, to make it a little more "homey" the people cover the bad spots with old newspapers and magazines. Now she can make her little one room house and "home." The things we take for granted..........

1 comment:

H. said...

this post was a great reminder for me that we take so many things for granted. thank you